Wednesday, October 26, 2022
12:00 PM-1:00 PM
WHA Quality and Information Center
In collaboration with WHA Information Center (WHAIC), the WHA quality team is presenting The Journey to a Healthier Wisconsin – Tales from the Trenches’ Part 4 webinar. This webinar will provide another unique case study from Fort HealthCare to discuss their approach on SDOH collection and Z-code reporting. In addition, representatives from Unite Us will discuss solutions to connect patients with community-based resources, gain visibility beyond the four walls of your organization, and better invest in community benefit programs. This is the final webinar in a four-part social determinants of health (SDOH) series that provides hospitals and health systems valuable information to help improve health outcomes in their communities. SDOH can have a profound impact on health outcomes; and yet, developing and sustaining processes to build a culture of health remains a challenge. Register here to attend the Tales from the Trenches Part 4 webinar.
After completion of this webinar series, participants will:
- Become more aware and knowledgeable of SDOH and the associated Z Codes
- Recognize the importance of documenting SDOH in the medical record
- Realize the significance of assigning a Z code to this data
- Understand how to use Z code data to improve the health of your community.
- Appreciate the need for constructive referral mechanisms for patients presenting needs related to SDOH
- Have the information needed to take steps to build the business case, to support deployment and training of the requisite staff and technology to apply Z codes when appropriate
Who Should Attend
Hospital Administration, Quality Leaders, Clinical Staff, IT Staff, Coders, BI Staff, and anyone who acts as a change agent for SDOH for the hospital or health system.
This webinar is complimentary.