Wednesday, July 27, 2022
12:00 PM-1:00 PM
WHA Quality and Information Center
SDOH can have a profound impact on health outcomes; and yet, developing and sustaining processes to build a culture of health remains a challenge. Currently, no standardized SDOH collection exists, resulting in incomplete data and gaps in important information, placing health care systems at a disadvantage when seeking to effectively identify, prioritize and intervene on SDOH.
In collaboration with the WHA Information Center (WHAIC), the WHA quality team is offering the first of a four-part SDOH webinar series, featuring Gloria Kupferman, Chief Data Strategy Officer at the American Hospital Association. This webinar will provide the background and purpose of this significant collaboration, stress the importance of Z Code Data Collection from the national perspective, emphasize the importance of capturing SDOH data in the medical record, and provide an overview of Z code collection in Wisconsin to offer hospitals and health systems valuable information to help improve health outcomes in their communities.
After completion of this webinar series, participants will:
- Become more aware and knowledgeable of SDOH and the associated Z Codes
- Recognize the importance of documenting SDOH in the medical record
- Realize the significance of assigning a Z code to this data
- Understand how to use Z code data to improve the health of your community.
- Appreciate the need for constructive referral mechanisms for patients presenting needs related to SDOH
- Have the information needed to take steps to build the business case, to support deployment and training of the requisite staff and technology to apply Z codes when appropriate
Who Should Attend
Hospital Administration, Quality Leaders, Clinical Staff, IT Staff, Coders, BI Staff, and anyone who acts as a change agent for SDOH for the hospital or health system.
This webinar is complimentary.