THE VALUED VOICE

Vol. 65, Issue 50
Click here to view past issues
Thursday, December 16, 2021

   

HHS Announces Phase 4 Provider Relief Funds

On Dec. 14, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced its preliminary Phase 4 Provider Relief Payments for providers who applied in October. HHS released a state-by-state breakdown showing 1,067 Wisconsin health care providers would be awarded a total of $164,656,519 in funding. Altogether, nearly $9 billion is being awarded. This comes on the heels of approximately $7.5 billion being awarded via rural American Rescue Plan Act payments just before Thanksgiving.

According to the American Hospital Association, HHS has made it through approximately 75% of the applications and is expected to begin disbursing funds on Dec. 16. It expects to make it through the remainder of applications and disbursements for Phase 4 in 2022.

According to HHS, the payout formula dictates that 75% of Phase 4 funding be distributed based on COVID-related expenses and decreased revenue hospitals experienced covering the period of July 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021. The remaining 25% of awards are based on bonus payments for serving Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP patients. Hospitals receiving a payment must attest via the HHS PRF portal within 90 days of receiving payment.

WHA will continue to advocate for HHS to disburse the remaining Provider Relief Funds and support the Provider Relief Fund Improvement Act, as covered in a past edition of The Valued Voice.

Contact WHA Vice President of Federal and State Relations Jon Hoelter with questions.

This story originally appeared in the December 16, 2021 edition of WHA Newsletter

WHA Logo
Thursday, December 16, 2021

HHS Announces Phase 4 Provider Relief Funds

On Dec. 14, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced its preliminary Phase 4 Provider Relief Payments for providers who applied in October. HHS released a state-by-state breakdown showing 1,067 Wisconsin health care providers would be awarded a total of $164,656,519 in funding. Altogether, nearly $9 billion is being awarded. This comes on the heels of approximately $7.5 billion being awarded via rural American Rescue Plan Act payments just before Thanksgiving.

According to the American Hospital Association, HHS has made it through approximately 75% of the applications and is expected to begin disbursing funds on Dec. 16. It expects to make it through the remainder of applications and disbursements for Phase 4 in 2022.

According to HHS, the payout formula dictates that 75% of Phase 4 funding be distributed based on COVID-related expenses and decreased revenue hospitals experienced covering the period of July 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021. The remaining 25% of awards are based on bonus payments for serving Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP patients. Hospitals receiving a payment must attest via the HHS PRF portal within 90 days of receiving payment.

WHA will continue to advocate for HHS to disburse the remaining Provider Relief Funds and support the Provider Relief Fund Improvement Act, as covered in a past edition of The Valued Voice.

Contact WHA Vice President of Federal and State Relations Jon Hoelter with questions.

This story originally appeared in the December 16, 2021 edition of WHA Newsletter