CELEBRATING 100 YEARS: 1960 – A New Address and Executive
In 1960 the Wisconsin Hospital Association opened its first dedicated office space in the Washington Building on Main Street in Madison and hired its first full-time staff member, Warren R. Von Ehren, as executive director. WHA had previously operated out of both Madison and Eau Claire, with the official organization address in Eau Claire from at least the 1930s until the Madison office opened in 1960. WHA remained in the Main Street office for five years and then moved to the Tenney Building on the Capitol Square in 1965.
Immediately before coming to WHA, Warren Von Ehren was president at Bellin Hospital in Green Bay. In 1953, Warren reinstated the Bellin School of Nursing, which had closed temporarily. He assumed the position of executive director of WHA in March 1960, to begin a 26-year era.
Next week: Learn more about Warren R. Von Ehren.
This story originally appeared in the May 21, 2020 edition of WHA Newsletter