The Wisconsin Hospital Association, together with Rural Wisconsin Health Cooperative (RWHC), is excited to offer registration for the 10 individual modules offered during the Wisconsin Quality Residency Program. Select the module(s) of interest to you and register now! Modules scheduled in 2020 will be held virtually
. Please note, this is not a webinar series. Each module will be an interactive learning workshop experience.
Modules are designed to engage new or novice quality leaders as well as experienced leaders looking for a refresher.
Wednesday, August 19, 2020 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Module A – The Evolution of Health Care Quality & How it Fits into the Big Picture
We are pleased to have five experienced panelists representing rural, urban and suburban hospitals across Wisconsin joining us to discuss these topics!
Thursday, August 20, 2020 | 8:15 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Understanding your job description
- Strategic Plan: Mission, Vision & Values – know your initiatives and how they align
- Using clinical tools to improve quality, care coordination and transitions of care – clinical practice guidelines, pathways and evaluating compliance
- Leading change - interacting with senior leaders, middle managers, board, medical staff and front-line staff
Module B - Compliance with Standards and Regulations/Surveys and Accreditation
Subject matter experts Denise Balboa, Nurse Consultant II at BEST/Education Services Section, Division of Quality Assurance, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and Robert Wilcox, Accreditation and Regulatory Resources Manager for Mayo Clinic Health System will lead these important quality topics.
- The state and federal survey process
- Writing and submitting a plan of correction
- Accreditation surveys
- How to manage the survey process
- Approaches to continuous survey readiness, including practical survey tools and assessment strategies
- See a PDF of all upcoming modules here.
Contact WHA Clinical Quality Improvement Advisor Jill Lindwall for more information.