Community Benefits Stories Due for 2022 Report
WHA is in the process of producing its 2022 Community Benefits Report
and is seeking stories about hospital/health system programs including charity care, financial assistance and other hospital-supported initiatives making a positive difference for communities, families and patients. These stories, in addition to the financial contributions for these initiatives, will be shared with legislators and other health care stakeholders and decisionmakers throughout the state, providing individual hospitals an opportunity to draw attention to their contributions. Last year’s report and hospital stories can be viewed here
WHA is seeking the following types of stories:
- Charity Care/Free Clinics: Stories about how your hospital provides health care to medically underinsured or uninsured persons are especially powerful. Did you provide free care for someone who cannot afford it? Does your hospital fund a free community clinic?
- Growing and Developing Our Health Care Workforce: Wisconsin is facing historic challenges when it comes to attracting, developing and retaining a health care workforce for today and the future. Wisconsin’s hospitals and health systems are making significant investments of time and resources to address this problem and ensure their communities have the caregivers needed in the future. How has your hospital or health system worked to grow the workforce pipeline and create rewarding and fulfilling career pathways for those entering or working within health care?
- Hospital-Supported Initiatives: Identify a priority from your community health needs assessment and explain how the hospital/health system led an effort to address it and what contributions it made. If you engaged community partners, include those partners in the story, too.
- Addressing Health Equity: How is your hospital or health system helping to ensure that your services are equally accessible to all members of your community, specifically populations exhibiting health disparities?
- COVID-19 Efforts: Highlight how your hospital/health system worked for your community despite unprecedented pandemic conditions. Describe what your hospital faced as the pandemic hit our state and how you overcame those challenges, while continuing to provide safe and high-quality care to your communities.
Stories should be submitted using WHA’s online form
. Submitters are highly encouraged to include a photo with their stories whenever possible to increase visibility and impact with legislators, the media and the public. The deadline to submit stories is Oct. 7.
Contact WHA Publications Manager Shannon Nelson
if you have questions.